Friday, August 31, 2012

What I Take With Me These Days on the Bike.......



So this year I have logged more miles that ever on the bike (a lot of those miles are on the indoor trainer!) and there are a few things that I consider must haves on outdoor biking trips.  I have been stranded twice because of flats and that's no fun....not in the least little bit :(

So here's the short list:

1) Pump or CO2 cartridge
2) Spare tube (Man have I ever needed these this year .....)
3) Allen Wrenches (yup needed them too)
4) Water (Got totally dehydrated and bonked on a hard 45 miler this summer because of too little water)
5) Phone
6) ID
7) Couple of dollars just in case
8) Helmet (duh....)
9) Energy gels or form of easily digestible food
10) Apply the sunscreen generously before heading out....even on overcast days :)

No comments:

Post a Comment