Friday, April 4, 2014

So it's time to recommit.....

So no matter how diligent, how committed or how obsessed you are with fitness and healthy eating, I'm here to tell you we all face setbacks from time-to-time.  These last 6 months have been a real challenge for me due to some hefty life changes including beginning full time Chiropractic school, maintaining a full time job, having a new baby and moving.  With all of these new responsibilities, I'm finding less and less time to get in my workouts and stay true to my diet.  Being in a hurry all the time has me scrambling for food and meals whenever and however I can get them, often times resulting in protein bars and peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.  That coupled with a drastic reduction in my cardio training has resulted in a negative effect on my waistline :) I've increased my weight training during this time and my strength has certainly increased, yet I feel and look much less "in shape" and my training is one-sided (something I warn against in my book Simply Wellness). 

So the purpose of this blog isn't simply a confession of my health and fitness sins, but more a demonstration that we all face setbacks in our quests for Wellness Based Living.  I also want to use this blog post as a means to state my intentions publicly to get in better shape and to restore a balanced approach to training over the next several months.  If we state our intentions to others, we hold ourselves more accountable to following through with them.  So, I'm striving to run and bike 3 times a week, swim 2 times and weight train 3 times a week.  In addition I'm striving to recommit to my daily yoga practice, no matter how short of a practice it might be.  I've also decided to sign up for a half-marathon in October of this year!

So y'all join me and regardless of how committed or in shape you are at this very moment, recommit to your goals and take it to another level!  Reach out and do something that challenges and might even scare you a little such as that race or charity ride that you've been thinking about!  Spring is here and what better time to get out and get moving again!

No comments:

Post a Comment