Monday, June 17, 2013

How Much Protein To Build Muscle???

Might as well throw this out there, as it's a question that I've personally gotten and heard asked about a million times...."How much protein do I need to build muscle?" I have read some pretty ridiculous recommendations ranging anywhere from 50-75 grams for a 200 lb. weight lifter per day, to a whopping 300 grams per day for the same size person....yikes! Here's the simple answer and it has wor...ked like a charm for me each time I go through my muscle building cycle: Aim to consume 1 gram of protein per 1 pound of bodyweight each day. Simple enuff right!?! So guess what? If you're 200lbs. you'll shoot for 200 grams of protein per day. Adding a quality whey protein powder to your daily diet can go a long way in helping you get in the adequate amount of protein that you need to build muscle and recover from those strenuous workouts you do (you better be working hard)!

Need help designing a program to lose fat, increase lean muscle mass and get into the best shape of your life? Hit me up and I'll work with you to design a program that teaches you healthy nutrition, in addition to, effective workout routines that will produce serious results all while fitting into your budget! I do online training programs at discounted rates, as well as in-person training and coaching in the Western, NC area. If you know of anyone searching for a personal trainer, please pass this along to them!

No comments:

Post a Comment