Thursday, July 19, 2012

The Yoga Pose for the day is........


Tree Pose
Tree Pose is an incredibly beneficial posture as it helps create balance in the body, stretches the groin area and upper body, and strengthens the legs and core.  I begin in relaxed standing position, then bring one foot into the inner thigh of the other (its okay to have the foot slightly lower down the standing leg if needed, or to even hold onto the foot with the opposite hand until you progress in the pose).  I focus on balancing on the standing leg, then interlock my fingers while lifting my arms overhead.  When I feel securely balanced, I take my gaze upward and....there you have it!  I hold the pose for 5 to 10 deep inhalation/exhalations before switching sides.  While in the posture begin working towards feeling the standing leg "root" down into the Earth and planting you firmly in the pose.....like a tree :)

No comments:

Post a Comment