Saturday, March 30, 2013

Super Green Drink Recipe



Ingredients Needed:

- 6 cups Collard Greens or Kale
- 6-8 frozen Strawberries
- 1 Banana
- 1 cup frozen Blueberries
- 2 carrots
- 2 stalks of Celery
- 2 radishes
- 4-5 cups of water

I use a blender to make these drinks and believe me, these things are about as healthy as you can get!  Full of vitamins, minerals and antioxidants, my wife and I try our best to make these drinks a part of our daily nutrition.  Some people advocate juicing instead of blending, yet I prefer to blend because you keep the pulp of the fruit and vegetables.  This is where the fiber is and it is much more filling, meaning you say full and satisifed longer, making it a great addition to weight loss dieting plans.  While I eat 6 meals (sometimes more during the toughest phase of my training schedule), this drink takes the place of a solid meal and helps to provide me with energy.  It is also great for digestive health.

So this is a really simple preparation process.  I begin by adding the greens and water into the blender and letting it puree for 20 to 30 seconds or until smooth.  Next I add each ingredient individually and let it puree.  If it becomes too thick at any point, do not be afraid to add water.  Once I have all the ingredients added, I divide the drink into 2 large servings.  I pour the drinks into large Mason jars (yeah, yeah I know I am a Southern boy).  The Mason jars are great because you can screw on the leak-proof lids and stick them in the refrigerator until you are ready for them.  If the drink from the blender does not fill up the jars completely, I top them off with water (we can always use a little more water).

No comments:

Post a Comment